Wednesday, October 7, 2009

candy or competition? (Brian at Aldea)

Last Thursday I went and helped with the strawberry harvest in the Aldea’s farm for an hour. It was fun to get dirty and sample some of the Aldea’s homegrown food! Really tasty! I look forward to helping em out even more as time goes by!

After an hour of helping there, I went back to play with the young children who weren’t yet it school. They just wanted to play on the swing for an entire hour. I just stood there and pushed Eunis. He’s new here at the Aldea and can’t talk. Just says, “Eh?” when he doesn’t understand, nothing at all when he does, or a more positive sound when he does. We played for an hour on the swing.

After lunch was English class. We reviewed pronunciation of the twelve months of the year in English. I gave away a dozen M&M’s, skittles, and starburst combination to the kids who pronounced the months correctly in English. Not a bad idea but when candy runs out, what then? I decided not to use candy as much but to make games for learning. The kids LOVE competition.

0 comments: