Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lus & Flor (Nat)

There is a girl in the orphanage about 12 years old...she´s got some kind of mental disorder.  I don´t know how to describe it, like she can function and everything...she´s just over the top in your face.  I love her to death even though it can get to be overwhelming at times.  She´s really touchy and is always sticking her fingers in her mouth and then slapping them on your face. haha. My latest goal has been to teach her how to write her name.  Her name is Lus Mila.  It´s taken us a week to get down the letter L.  But I´m proud of it. I know she can do it for sure, she just has the shortest attention span ever haha. 

Oh and I have to tell you guys about Flor.  She´s the smallest two year old you´ll ever see.  Ohhh she´s so freaking adorable.  Anyway, so when I showed up at the Aldea, Beth and Georgia warned me about how Flor is the little girl that when she sees any gringo face she cries so good luck.  Beth and George had been here almost a year, right?  Well, for some CRAZY reason...everytime Flor sees me, she runs between my legs, grabs hold and looks up at me with her huge eyes smiling.  I cannot even describe how it makes me feel haha.  If I´m ever having one of those days, you know, one of those ughhh days haha I just go play with her.  I don´t know what it is about her. I want to take her home forever.  She won´t even look at any of the other volunteers too it´s so weird. I didn´t even do anything! So yeah, me and Flor...I can´t wait to show you pictures of her.

0 comments: