Monday, January 31, 2011

Flor: Tiny girl, huge personality

January 31, Kathyrn

Flor is a little three year old girl who lives at the Aldea in Santa Rosa, Peru. She is about the size of a healthy one year old child, with the bold personality of a five year old. When I first met her she warmed up to me instantly, just as she had done with all the other interns. I was shocked to realize how old she was, considering her size. After only a few days at the Aldea she recognizes me as someone to trust and love, as she now runs into my arms whenever she sees me. The other kids tell me of how bright she is, always does what she is told and she knows what to do when asked.
On Friday we had a fiesta for all the kids who had birthdays in January. Flor came early with the interns to help decorate. She laughed as we blew up balloons and let them fly around the room and she always had another one in her hand for us to blow up when we were finished with one. I was happy to spend those few hours with just Flor and not have my attention split between a dozen kids. She has a fiery personality and the cutest smile to match it. I look forward to spending more one on one time with Flor and the other children as they learn and grow.

If you would like to know more about sponsoring a child like Flor, please click here.

0 comments: